Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Let's Go Surfing!


Play the above video to create the proper mindset for todays blog....SURFING!


My morning usually starts like this.
 The local fishermen motoring past the boat serves as my pre-dawn alarm clock.

I have a 30 minute bus ride up the coast. 

Then I take a 10 minute hike down the jungle trail to Punta Burros.

Add some wax..

Let's Go Surfing!

Punta Burros is a right hand point break with a rock bottom.
When all the other spots have nothing...there are usually waves here at Burros.
The air temp is about 80 most days.
The water temp in 68 which is cold for here.
 I can stay out for almost 3 hours till the chill forces me in.

This is an average day here in terms of wave size. 
On this day there are only 4 other guys out ..some days there may be as many as 20 dudes here.


thanks to Victoria for the photography

3 comments:

  1. P, I miss you! Take care always!J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you with that flip flop slipper and bandana :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pete
    we have this in Chagrin Falls

    ReplyDelete