Sunday, December 18, 2011

Travel Warning - December 2011

As a traveler I feel it is my responsibility to post this OFFICIAL TRAVEL WARNING regarding those pictured above. Take a good look and if you find yourself next to these people on a plane ..please move at once or suffer the consequences...you have been warned.
I had the unfortunate luck to be seated next to these people in the window seat yesterday on a Continental flight from LA to Cleveland.
I realize many will claim just flying to Cleveland in December would be punishment enough...
but add these inconsiderate selfish travelers and now you have the 'flight from hell'.
Sure, I understand folks wanna travel to see their loved ones during the holidays.
I wished this family just stayed home and chatted on skype.
On the flight row 22 consisted of frumpy Mom and Dad and their 3 snot nosed kids and me.
The eldest kid next to me had a deep chest cough I always associated with the Midwest in the winter...
His lack of covering his mouth while coughing will lead to many nasty winter headcolds thoughout the plane... Im sure.
I chose the window seat on this particular flight to catch up on much needed sleep.
The little punk next to me would constantly elbow me ruining any chance of that.
My annoyed looks to the Mum for some parenting here went ignored.
Then the final straw was when the brat spilled his can of 7 up on my knees.
I snapped and  fired of a long string of obscenities directed at the little fuck..
His Mother heard me call her son 'a piece of shit' and she pushed the stewardess call button.
I left to the toilet to clean up.
When I finished the stew was waiting for me..I sensed her compassion as she offered me another seat and even offered a drink 'on the house'.
So I moved to an empty seat and enjoyed a peaceful rest of flight even though the annoying kids continued crying for the 2 hours left to Cleveland.

So take a good look at these travel nightmares....you have been warned!

2 comments:

  1. That sucks, Pete. At least the situation was mitigated by the Continental stews. Imagine if you were flying American. Oh snap!
    Happy new year, Pete!

    ReplyDelete