Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hawaii food blog

One of the best parts of living in Hawaii is the availability of fresh fruit everywhere.
This soursop was grown on Farmer Rons property down the road.
This fruit has a sweet/sour flavor and is known for its cancer curing properties .

Yum!

This is Farmer Ron.
He planted the soursop tree years ago and this was the first fruit he harvested from that tree this season.

Farmer Ron diggin in!

Rambutan was also found in the area.
This fruit was originally from southeast asia now found all over the tropical world.
I had also enjoyed this in Southern Mexico.
The pink fruit is guava from Farmers Rons orchard.
The orange mangos I had bought at the Sunday farmers market..so sweet and juicy.

My guacamole and avocados from the property.
I use avocados, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, garlic, chile peppers and lime juice.

This is one of the avocado trees on the property.
its the only one with fruit this time of year.
I think I could live on an all avocado diet...so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment