Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Greetings from Kuta Beach!

Hello from Kuta Beach, Bali Indonesia.
I am in front of the memorial from the 2002 Bali bombings...2 blocks from my guesthouse.
A sad reminder of the real world here in Kuta which seems so far from reality.
 
While Indonesia has been a dream for travel...Kuta is the nightmare.
Locals selling sunglasses, tours, motorcycle rides, t shirts and any other crap you can think of..
to thumping discos and bars full of drunk Ozzies rocking all day and night.
Also so many scammers on the streets...

I can see why the the radicals wanted to wipe this neighborhood off the map.
Indonesia still has its magic...even here in Kuta.
I have been hanging out with Jannis from Belgium.
Tonight we had BBQ fish...Bali style.

Check back often as tomorrow I will head off to remote Bali in search of empty waves.....

No comments:

Post a Comment