Sunday, April 10, 2011

Oaxaca!

I am in Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca, Mexico. Home of the famous 'mexican pipeline'..a heavy wave!
My latest journey started Thursday as my buddy Will dropped me off on the road from Saladita. 
There I met some wonderful people, great hospitality at Casa de Curtis and discovered I can surf lefts.
I caught the morning bus to Acapulco and arrived there bout 2pm.
I bought a bus ticket for the overnite bus to Puerto Escondido.
I spent the day/evening exploring Acapulco.
After dark was when that town wakes up. The disco beat was everywhere as the tourists drank and drank.
When I finally got on the bus and headed south it seemed the entire road was one big checkpoint.
Local cops, State police, the Federales and even the military were checking everybody coming and going.
We were told as we boarded there was some sort of roadblock up the road and we will be delayed.
The mexicans didnt seem so concerned so I went to sleep.
About 5am we were in a traffic jam on a two lane road near some small town.
When I asked if they were the good guys or the bad guys...everybody shrugged??
At 7am we reached Puert Escondido safe and tired.
I took a room for the weekend and have enjoyed exploring here.


Blowfish on the beach.

Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca

Sunrise in Mexico.

Some Mexican guy was releasing baby turtles on the beach here yesterday.


In the morning I will head south to find some mellow surf beaches for a few weeks.
Then off to the jungles for Mayan ruins and howler monkeys.....
Keep checkin in.

No comments:

Post a Comment